The Extension activity of Lokseva Mahavidyalaya, Lokbharati, has been given an important place to educational work.
All the students of 31, 4th 5th and 6th semester having special subject, have to study the basic principles of Extension Education. for the direct work, of the Extension.
The activities carried ont are as under:
- Study of Animal Husbandry
- Animal diseases diagnosis camp
- Health activities Dental camps, Eye camp; other activities related to health.
- Children activities to primary school.
- Women's activities, saving groups, Programs related growth of income, training of child care.
- Co-operative group and activities related to Gram Panchayat
- Activities of storage and water shade.
- To spread the use of Solar energy means.
- Young-Group, program of action
- Exposure tour of the visit of farms of progressive farmers
- Children fair
- Village Library
- Organic Farming
- Super compost
- Warm farming
- Cultural programs
- Celebration of special days
- Village cleaning
Different programs are added in accordance with the occasion. The extension section is there in the institute. Village adopting scheme and water storage scheme are active in the institute. So the programs of students training go naturally.
Cattle breeding, irrigation, agriculture, wheat research, departments also arrange their own extension activities. Students get participated in it.
National Service Scheme
In the institution, special place is given to village community and the main goal of the Lokbharati is to be familiar with their problems and solutions. The aim of the National Service Scheme is the same with the aims of our institutions. The Rastriya Seva Yojana has been more suitable to us. Following activities are done under it.
- On every Independence Day, Republic day and Gandhiji's death anniversary day, all students and lecturers visit 8 adopted villages. Activities like flag hoisting, writing slogans on walls, village cleaning, games for school children and cultural programmes at night are performed there.,BRS visits the surrounding villages once in week & programmes under take various activities like survey, contact of villages children, readers, Health care, saving groups etc.
- Students participate in cleaning the compound once in a week for 40 minutes. Lecturers too _join in it. This brings cleanliness all around and it also cultivates good habits.
- At the time of annual function of the institution, responsibilities are distributed in about 20 sections. Students take part in the planning, execution and evaluation of the activities in all section. This provides them training in all processes of the large functions. This programme exhibits excellent results of the principle of - "Entrust with responsibilities and imbibe the sense of responsibility".
- Students hold responsibilities in the celebration of various festivals. They run the wall magazine too.
- About 400 new trees are grown in Lokbharati campus every year. Besides this, saplings of the trees are distributed in the surrounding villages at schools, temples, public places, and to individual village people. About 4 to 5 thousand saplings are planted this way. (frequent famines create problems and make their care difficult)
- Night programmes such as Gramsabha, Lok dayara, Bhajan Groups etc. are held in the adopted villages by NSS. The whole programme is executed by the students under the guidance of the programme executives.
- Tribal area study camp for the first year student is organised every year. The study of the various phases of tribal life takes place in this 12 day camp along with other activity. This programme helps the union of hearts up to the last person. Last 5 years camps were organized at Rangpur Ashram (Dist. Vadodara), Thava (Dist. Bharuch), Lokniketan- Ratanpur (Dist. Banaskantha), Dharampur (Dist. Valsad) and Tatavadi-Umargam (Dist. Valsad).
- 10 days Gram Shibir is organized in any one of the surrounding villages every year. It focuses on one certain topic, along with study topic. Programme like - Prabhat feri(Morning Procession), Gram Safai, Construction of absorption pits, Animal diagnosis camp, Healthy Child competition, all disease diagnosis camp, Discourses, cultural programmes etc. are organized. Recently the camps related to water conservation, maintenance of natural resources, and sustainable development are organized. The camps are generally conducted by students. Recently such Gram Shibirs are held in the villages such as Goirama, jariya, Tana, Ratanpur,and Bhutia. Monitory help to certain extent is received for camp expenditure due to "Rashtriya Seva Yojana" (NSS). In fact such activities were conducted even before this scheme was introduced. Even if the NSS ceases to function, such activities will continue in Lokseva Mahavidhyalaya.